IMG_1207IMG_1209Another perfect weekend for building some of the sweetest, flowyest and fun trail on the Front Range!

The focus for this weekend was completely finish with all needs of the north end of the “lower” trail. We got close… really close.
Chris’ efforts on Friday were very helpful in setting up a successful build day on Saturday. Adam, Tanner and I, dialed in the tread and finished building 2 small rollers and really fun berm on the far north end.
Sunday morning, I found a real donut shop and brought plenty of tasty goodies for whomever showed… I have plenty of leftovers.
Chris, who, by the way, is demolition machine, really helped break up root balls in the tread and tighten up the black slope through out.
A couple thoughts
– I think the area south of the road intersections are “good enough” for now. There are several areas that would be good for a weekday/solo build but I’m good to move on for from the area. My concerns with rideabilty and possible user conflicts, I believe, have been addressed.
– Tools- I am going to be MIA for the next weeks and as such have left my personal flathead shovels, dirt rake, and pick mattock in the shed for you all to use. The dirt rakes have been huge in getting tread dialed. I recommend the dirt rakes, flathead shovels, axe handled rouge hoes, and mattock be minimum equip
 ment for all build days.
– Technique- Digging up the existing tread is a huge pain in the a$$, but I believe the results are so worth it. the only way I have found to deal with the root clumps, is to dig out the existing tread 2-4 inches and then rake out the plant matter. I believe this technique is sustainable as long as we continue to have moisture in the soil.

Here’s our test run from Saturday’s build

[iframe width=”420″ height=”315″ src=”//www.youtube.com/embed/Ej1gNZfaM4Q” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen][/iframe]

Thanks and see you guys out there.