The mission of the Boulder Mountain Bike Patrol (BMBP) boils down to the 3 P’s:
- promoting responsible riding and trail use on our public lands
- providing assistance and education to trail users
- participating in this mission by riding our bikes
WHAT IS PATROLLING?
When you join BMBP, you undergo BMBP training and agree to volunteer a set number of hours a year as a bike patroller. While on patrol, you ride designated trails and take time to interact with fellow trail users. You ‘patrol’ by providing simple, helpful assistance:
- handing out maps
- helping with minor bicycle repairs
- providing first aid assistance (with proper training)
- educating fellow riders on the Rules of the Trail
Bike patrolling is only about educating and helping others. Enforcement is left to the professionals – the rangers who manage our public lands. Patrolling is all about spreading the mountain bike love.